Note: These documents are for informational purposes only and are not intended to convey legal advice on any particular matter.
I hold copyright to all of these works. They may not be reproduced or linked in any form without my express, written permission.
These papers have been written for courses for the J.D. program at the University of Toronto.
- Regulatory Expropriations: Takings Without Compensation - March 12, 2003
Update: this paper has also been posted to the Expropriation Law Centre.
- Political Argument For Safeguard Measures - November 13, 2003
- Does The TRIPs Agreement Make The Appropriate Balance - November 14, 2003
- Who Does Chapter 11 Belong To? - November 20, 2003
- The Standard of Review of Chapter 11 Arbitrations: Deference - December 18, 2003
Update: this paper was written immediately after the oral arguments were made in the review of Canada v. SD Myers. On January 13, 2004 the Federal Court of Canada refused to overturn the arbitration panel's decision and Canada's challenge was dismissed.
I now primarily do intellectual property law. Check out the Toronto Intellectual Property Group.